Don't Waste Your Money On Books

Assalamualaikum.




So today is not a very good day for me. I feel upset and depressed. I want to talk to someone so badly, but then, how can they help me? Whatever happened to me is not even a big thing. There are other things people should be worried about.

I’m not a kind of person who would spend a lot of money on things I’m not sure about using it. Furthermore, I’m saving for my staying in Australia (InsyaaAllah, if I pass the cutoff pointer). I know I shouldn’t spend a lot of money on things that are not necessary.

But today, I’ve spent RM83 and that’s quite a lot for me (if you are rich, that’s probably nothing much to you). I bought 5 fictional books with my BB1M voucher. I have to add RM34 due to some misunderstanding with the cashier and feeling disappointed about it right now. I should just use the voucher to buy my sister’s textbooks, but I decided to be selfish and bought myself books that I know I won’t have time to read. 



When I was in the queue to pay for my sister’s textbooks, I saw a guy, probably around my age, using his voucher to buy books and some stationery for his younger sister. And there I was, using my parents’ money to buy books for my sister. The voucher should be used to buy the ‘essentials’ but no, I’ve been doing it the wrong way.

I hate this. I don’t want to be like this. I can’t. I have a future to think about and this is not something I should be doing. *cry*

I’m probably a bibliophile, but I do have my own principles when it comes to book buying activity. 

  • First, I won’t buy any book unless the book has a 50% sale or more, no less than that. 
  • Second, I can’t buy a book if I’m not sure about reading the book. 
  • Third, I have to prioritize the need of buying the book. If my sister needs the money more than I do, I have to prioritize her needs first.


Today, I’ve bought books against my own principles and I hate myself for what I did.

I don’t know how to say this, but I really want to say this.

To all BB1M vouchers, please buy something that is worthy. Don’t spend on books that you are not even sure of reading it. If you have a lot of unread books at home, think about these books you will buy. Will you read them? And if you don’t want to read them, why would you want to buy them?
There are other people who probably need it more than you do. If you want to use it, make sure it is worth the buy. Or else, don’t.

You probably will be like me, sitting on my chair, wanting to update my blog so desperately, overwhelmed by my own frustration.


Just, don’t. 


Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

One Response to Don't Waste Your Money On Books

Nurul Nabihah said...

hahahaha. thanks for that beneficial advices. setujuuu sangat. selalunya, bila pergi kedai buku, semangat membaca tu tinggi sangat tapi bila balik rumah, semangat tu hilang sedikit demi sedikit. well, we share the same feeling. i've faced this kind of situation several times. and it keeps repeating. luckily, i hv a sweet parent yg suka membaca. mereka lah yang menjadi pembaca setia di rumah :) sokay . we shd learn something beneficial from this experience. *salam rindu dari Nilai*

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.